When it comes to my children’s diet I am one picky mamma. I don’t let them just eat anything which is why I decided to come up with a super easy 5 ingredient banana muffins.
I want my kids to have the best start to life as possible by eating the best foods possible. Anytime I can make an easy snack or meal that I know they will like, and is super easy to make, well, I am all about it.
I think you guys will agree that these are the easiest banana muffins you have ever made. They are soft, moist, and tasty, too!
Let me show you just how easy it is to make these delicious muffins your kids are sure to love.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Let’s start with the ingredients. You will only need five ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your pantry and fridge.
- 2 bananas
- 2 single serving unsweetened applesauce cups. I like to use 365 Everyday Value Organic Apple Sauce – Unsweetened.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of flour. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Whole Wheat Flour is my favorite whole wheat flour brands. You can even find a gluten-free version of Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free All-purpose Baking Flour, too.
- 2 handfuls of blueberries or chocolate chips or cereal puffs
Yep, that’s it! Next, is the mixing part.
- Start by peeling the first banana and mashing it with a fork in a large bowl. Do the same with the second banana.
- Next, add in both cups of applesauce
- Mix these ingredients together. It may all seem pretty soft, but that is why we are adding in the flour and eggs.
- Now that you have mixed together the bananas and applesauce add in the 1 cup of flour and 1 egg. Mix together with the fork. If you happen to have a baking spatula you can use this to combine the ingredients, as well.
- The last ingredient to add is the blueberries, chocolate chips, or cereal puffs. The chocolate chips are great for making the muffins seem like a sweet treat! (Opt for fair trade, organic chocolate chips if possible. SunSpire Organic Fair Trade 65% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips is my go to choice.)
Now that we are done mixing it’s time to get to baking!
- Once all of the main ingredients have been added set the oven at 375 F and let it warm up for 10-15 minutes.
- While the oven warms up grab some muffin cups and a muffin pan.
- Put the muffin cups in the muffin pan(I’m sure you knew this).
- Now fill each muffin cup almost to the top. The muffins won’t rise much so you won’t need to worry about them overflowing unless you overfill the cups of course.
- Once each cup is filled wipe off any drips on the pan and place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes is up let the muffins cool in the pan.
- Take a few out of the pan, let them cool down a little, and enjoy!
Added bonus: if your kids are old enough let them help you make the banana muffins. It’s such a great bonding opportunity and it’s something easy for your child to learn how to make.
Hopefully your kids like these as much as mine do. These easy banana muffins are great for 1-year-olds and toddlers. Let me know if you and your little one’s enjoyed these.